Player Recipes pres. by Kroger: Sean Davis’ Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- .5-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn (3-4 raw)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- .33 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- .33 cup olive oil mayo (or use plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- .75 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 ear grilled corn, kernels removed from the cob
- .25 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Mix the spices. In a bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and a pinch of salt.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add the corn, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the spice mix, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the corn is softened, 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Mix in cream cheese until melted and creamy. Stir in the sour cream. Cook until warmed throughout. If desired, thin the dip with milk.
- In a separate skillet, melt the butter until golden. Mix in 3 teaspoons of the spice mix, plus a pinch of chili flakes and salt. Cook another minute, then remove from heat.
- Mix the mayo and lime juice with a pinch of salt.
- Spoon the dip into a wide serving bowl. Top with grilled corn and drizzle the mayo and spicy butter over the corn. Sprinkle on the cheese and cilantro. Serve with chips.