TICKET TERMS, ARBITRATION AND RELEASE, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
I. TICKET TERMS
This ticket is a revocable license that only grants the ticketholder a one-time entry to the stadium (the “Stadium”) and a spectator seat, or standing room, for the specified game (the “Event”). Dates and times of the Event are subject to change or cancellation. The holder, on behalf of the holder and any accompanying minors (collectively, the "Holder"), agrees that: admission is contingent on Holder’s agreement to the following terms and conditions, those available at www.mlssoccer.com/fan-code-of-conduct, and the MLS Spectator Waiver (collectively, the “Terms”); and by using this ticket to enter the Stadium, Holder is deemed to have read the Terms and agreed to be bound by them. Failure to comply with any of these Terms, shall result in forfeiture of this license and all rights arising hereunder without refund and shall entitle Management to pursue all additional legal remedies available to it. Admission may be refused or withdrawn or Holder ejected at the sole discretion of the Stadium, Major League Soccer, L.L.C. and its affiliates (“MLS”) or Nashville SC and its affiliates (the “Club” and, collectively with the Stadium and MLS, “Management”).
ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY if admission is refused or revoked, or the game is not played for any reason, is a refund of up to the ticket price set by Management (the “Face Value”), unless otherwise provided below. IN NO EVENT SHALL MANAGEMENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES BEYOND THE FACE VALUE OF THE TICKET. ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATED TO, OR ARISING FROM, THIS TICKET SHALL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY, CONFIDENTIAL, FINAL, AND BINDING ARBITRATION. HOLDER AND MANAGEMENT EACH AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES SHALL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND EACH WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBIRTRATE ANY CLAIM AS A CLASS ACTION, REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR CLASS ARBITRATION. IF HOLDER DOES NOT CONSENT TO THIS CLAUSE, HOLDER MUST LEAVE OR NOT ENTER THE STADIUM. THIS CLAUSE IS GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT.
Holder and Holder's belongings may be searched upon entering the Stadium, and prohibited items may be confiscated, at the sole discretion of the Management. Holder consents to such searches and waives any and all claims relating to them. If Holder does not consent to such searches, Holder will be denied entry or ejected from the Stadium without refund. Further, Management reserves the right to refuse admission to or eject any person whose conduct, in Management’s sole discretion, violates these Terms, any applicable code of conduct, or is otherwise disorderly, without refund. Inappropriate behavior or abusive language may result in ejection (without refund), forfeiture of season ticket privileges, and/or other legal action. Refund to Holder of the Face Value shall automatically terminate Holder’s rights hereunder.
Holder agrees not to create, transmit, display, distribute, exploit, misappropriate or sell (or aid in such activity) any description or account (in any form, whether text, data or visual, and including, without limitation, play-by-play data) of the Event for any commercial, non-personal, purpose. Holder agrees not to create, transmit, display, distribute, exploit or sell (or aid in such activity) any photographs, images, videos, livestreams, audio or other form of display or public performance or reproduction of any portion of the Event (the “Works”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Holder agrees that by using this ticket to enter the Stadium, Holder shall be deemed to have signed this ticket and granted MLS an exclusive worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free license to all rights associated with the Works. Holder also grants irrevocable permission to MLS and the Club (and their sponsors, licensees, advertisers, broadcasters, designees and agents) to use, publish, edit, and alter Holder’s image, likeness, voice, actions and statements in any medium including, without limitation, any audio, video, film, photographs, social media, exhibition, publication or reproduction of the Event for any purpose without further authorization or compensation and waives all claims and potential claims relating to such use unless prohibited by law.
HOLDER VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS arising from or relating in any way to the Event, whether occurring before, during, or after the Event, including, without limitation, the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness (including exposure to a bacteria, virus or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness), the risk of physical injury or death, however caused, whether by players, by other people or by objects such as balls entering the spectator area, or otherwise, and the risks of lost, stolen or damaged property. Holder hereby waives all claims and potential claims relating to such risks, hazards and dangers.
Management is not responsible for, and may refuse to honor, any duplicate or duplicated, lost, stolen, destroyed or counterfeit tickets. Use of this ticket in violation of any law including, without limitation, the unlawful resale or unlawful attempted resale of this ticket is strictly prohibited and will result in seizure, revocation and/or forfeiture of this license without refund or compensation. This ticket is not redeemable for cash and may not be used for, or in connection with, any commercial or trade purposes including, but not limited to, advertising, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, gambling or gaming activities, without the express written consent of the Club and MLS.
COVID-19 Health Promise
In order to help mitigate the risk of transmission of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation, or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) and other contagious illnesses, Holder agrees to the following:
Stay-at-home: Holder agrees that neither Holder, nor anyone in Holder’s party, will attend any Event if any one or more of the following is true on the day of such Event:
· Within the 14 days prior to the Event, Holder has (or any person in Holder’s party or with whom Holder has had close contact has) tested positive for, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
· Within the 48 hours prior to the Event, Holder has (or any person in Holder’s party or with whom Holder has close contact has) experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4⁰F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Health Canada, as applicable);
· Within the 14 days prior to the Event, Holder has (or any person in Holder’s party or with whom Holder has had close contact has) traveled to any state or international territory identified by federal or applicable local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
Ticket Block/Pod Integrity: To help maintain social distancing guidelines, Holder agrees that Holder will use his or her best efforts to not sell, transfer (if available) or otherwise provide any of Holder’s tickets to anyone other than family with whom Holder has been sheltering (or other trusted acquaintances), unless Holder is selling, transferring (if available) or otherwise providing all such tickets (i.e., Holder’s full block/pod of tickets) to one party.
II. ABRITRATION AND RELEASE; WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING CONSENT TO THESE TERMS. THIS ARBITRATION AND RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT (THIS “AGREEMENT”) HAS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES AN ARBITRATION PROVISION AND A WAIVER OF YOUR RIGHT TO BRING A CLASS ACTION.
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to enter and remain at the stadium designated by Nashville SC as the home stadium, including all surrounding parking areas, pedestrian plazas, entryways, and other ancillary areas (collectively, the “Stadium”) for a home game or other event of Nashville SC, I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, next of kin, and other persons acting or purporting to act on my or their behalf (collectively, “Related Persons”), hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
- Acknowledgments of COVID-19 and Other Risks. I fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation, or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, and there is an inherent danger and risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that will be implemented from time to time by Nashville Team Holdings LLC, Nashville Soccer Holdings LLC, Walsh Management, LLC, Tennessee Football, Inc., and Cumberland Stadium, Inc. (collectively, the “Team Entities”) and/or third parties (including, but not limited to, federal and state governmental agencies) (collectively, the “Stadium Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions can be and have been adversely affected by COVID-19, according to public health authorities (i) people with certain underlying medical conditions are or may be especially vulnerable, including, but not limited to, people with chronic kidney disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, moderate to severe asthma, liver disease, compromised immune systems (including as a result of organ transplant), obesity, serious heart conditions, sickle cell disease, and type 2 diabetes, and (ii) the risk of severe illness from the contraction of COVID-19 increases steadily with age, and contracting COVID-19 can result in the further transmission of COVID-19 to my spouse, family members, and other contacts; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition. I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO MY ENTRY INTO, AND PRESENCE IN, THE STADIUM, WHICH MAY INCLUDE AN INCREASED RISK OF EXPOSURE TO ILLNESS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COVID-19), PERSONAL INJURY, DISABILITY, OTHER SHORT-TERM OR LONG-TERM HEALTH EFFECTS, AND/OR DEATH, WHICH MIGHT RESULT FROM THE ACTIONS, INACTIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE OF MYSELF, ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW), OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. I ACCEPT PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITY, AND OTHER LOSSES THAT I OR ANY OF MY RELATED PERSONS MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING RISKS.
- Release, Waiver of Liability, and Covenant Not to Sue. (A) ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND EACH OF MY RELATED PERSONS, I HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY, IRREVOCABLY, AND FOREVER RELEASE, WAIVE, AND DISCHARGE (AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE), EACH AND ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM (OR WITH RESPECT TO) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, SUITS, CAUSES OF ACTION, AND CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES, WHETHER PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE, AND WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH MY DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, SUFFERING OF SHORT-TERM OR LONG-TERM HEALTH EFFECTS, OR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I OR ANY OF MY RELATED PERSONS MAY HAVE OR HEREAFTER ACCRUE AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES AS A RESULT OF OR THAT RELATE IN ANY WAY TO (I) MY EXPOSURE TO COVID-19; (II) MY TRAVEL TO AND FROM, ENTRY INTO, OR PRESENCE WITHIN, THE STADIUM OR COMPLIANCE WITH THE STADIUM PROTOCOLS OR ANY OTHER POLICIES OR PROTOCOLS APPLICABLE TO THE STADIUM; (III) ANY INTERACTION BETWEEN ME AND ANY PERSONNEL OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES PRESENT AT THE STADIUM (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY USHERS, TICKET-TAKERS, EVENT SECURITY, HEALTH AND SAFETY PERSONNEL, OR CLEANING, CONCESSIONS, OR PARKING PERSONNEL); OR (IV) ANY OF THE RISKS IDENTIFIED ABOVE IN SECTION 1, IN EACH CASE WHETHER CAUSED BY ANY ACTION, INACTION, OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY RELEASED PARTY OR OTHERWISE.
(B) FOR THE PURPOSES HEREOF, THE “RELEASED PARTIES” ARE: (I) MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER, L.L.C. AND ITS AFFILIATES (“MLS”), SOCCER UNITED MARKETING, LLC (“SUM”), THE MEMBERS OF MLS AND EACH OF THE MLS TEAMS OPERATED BY THEM, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECT AND INDIRECT AFFILIATES, MEMBERS, ADMINISTRATORS, DESIGNEES, LICENSEES, AGENTS, OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SPONSORS, INVITEES, AND CONTRACTORS (AND ALL EMPLOYEES OF SUCH CONTRACTORS), AND OTHER PERSONNEL (COLLECTIVELY, INCLUDING MLS, SUM, AND THE TEAM ENTITIES, THE “MLS PARTIES”); (II) THE DIRECT AND INDIRECT OWNERS, LESSEES, AND SUBLESSEES OF THE STADIUM; (III) CONCESSIONAIRES, MERCHANDISERS, OTHER VENDORS, AND ALL OTHER CONTRACTORS PERFORMING SERVICES AT THE STADIUM; (IV) OTHER THIRD PARTIES PRESENT AT OR FROM TIME TO TIME BROUGHT TO THE STADIUM (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MEDICAL PERSONNEL); AND (V) ANY PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES, AND OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OWNERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, SUB-CONTRACTORS, INSURERS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND/OR ASSIGNS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING ENTITIES AND PERSONS, WHETHER PAST, PRESENT, OR FUTURE, AND WHETHER IN THEIR INSTITUTIONAL OR PERSONAL CAPACITIES.
- Governing Law. I agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to choice of law principles.
- Arbitration Agreement. I agree that (a) any current or future claim, action, or proceeding between me and any of the Released Parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or my presence at the Stadium (collectively, the “Claims”), must be submitted for confidential, final, and binding arbitration to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”); (b) the FAA is applicable because the MLS Parties are engaged in transactions involving interstate commerce; (c) the arbitration shall proceed before a single arbitrator; (d) the arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures; (e) any and all issues relating or pertaining to arbitration or this arbitration clause, including but not limited to the threshold question of arbitrability or the enforceability or validity of this arbitration clause, shall be delegated to the arbitrator selected pursuant to this provision; (f) the arbitrator shall have the power to award any remedies, including attorneys’ fees and costs, available under applicable law; (g) judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction; (h) the award may be vacated or modified only on the grounds specified in the FAA or other applicable law; and (i) any arbitration conducted pursuant to this Agreement shall take place in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Class Action Waiver. I agree that all claims described in Section 4 must be pursued on an individual basis only. By signing this Agreement, I hereby waive my right to commence, or be a party to, any class or collective claims against the Released Parties.
- Severability. I agree that if any provision or part thereof contained in this Agreement is declared illegal, unenforceable, or ineffective, such provision or part thereof shall be modified, if possible, in order to achieve the intentions of the parties, and, if necessary, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed severable, such that all other provisions contained in this Agreement shall remain valid and binding.
- Term. This Agreement is perpetual in nature and applies to all activities and events at the Stadium for which I am present for or participate in, and all Claims arising therefrom, from the date of execution.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND VOLUNTARILY CONSENT TO THIS AGREEMENT; I understand its terms and I am aware of its legal consequences, including that I am hereby giving up substantial legal rights and that by signing this Agreement, I will not be able to sue the Released Parties if I suffer any illness, injury, or death for any reason due to the exposure of COVID-19; and I understand that it is a material inducement for my admission to and continued presence at the Stadium and that the MLS Parties and the other Released Parties are relying upon it; and, I further agree that no oral representations, statements, or inducements contrary to anything contained herein have been made by any of the MLS Parties or other Released Parties.