NEW YORK (November 13, 2020) – LAFC forward Carlos Vela finds himself atop the list of best-selling adidas jerseys in Major League Soccer for the 2020 regular season sold on MLSstore.com.
LA Galaxy forward Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez and Atlanta United striker Josef Martinez sit second and third on the list, respectively. Seattle Sounders FC lead with four jerseys in the top 25 – Jordan Morris (No. 4), Raul Ruidiaz (No. 8) Nicolas Lodeiro (No. 15) and Cristian Roldan (No. 24).
Thirteen MLS clubs are represented, including Inter Miami CF who in the club’s debut season had three players rank in the top 25 – Rodolfo Pizarro (No. 5), Gonzalo Higuain (No. 6) and Blaise Matuidi (No. 9).
Additional highlights are detailed below.
• 10 different countries represented (determined by birthplace) –
- Argentina (Diego Valeri, Cristian Pavon, Lucas Zelarayan, Ezequiel Barco)
- Colombia (Diego Chara)
- France (Gonzalo Higuain, Blaise Matuidi) Mexico (Carlos Vela, Javier Chicharito’ Hernandez, Rodolfo Pizarro, Alan Pulido, Jonathan dos Santos)
- Peru (Raul Ruidiaz, Edison Flores)
- Portugal (Nani)
- Scotland (Johnny Russell)
- Uruguay (Nicolas Lodeiro, Diego Rossi)
- United States (Jordan Morris, Brenden Aaronson, Alejandro Bedoya, Chris Wondolowski, Walker Zimmerman, Cristian Roldan)
- Venezuela (Josef Martinez)
• Six players have featured for the U.S. Men’s National Team – Brenden Aaronson, Alejandro Bedoya, Jordan Morris, Cristian Roldan, Chris Wondolowski, Walker Zimmerman.
• Eight players are 26 years-old or under – Brenden Aaronson (20), Ezequiel Barco (21), Edison Flores (26), Jordan Morris (26), Cristian Pavon (24), Rodolfo Pizarro (26), Cristian Roldan (25), Diego Rossi (22).
• A total of 12 players have featured in a FIFA World Cup match for their national teams – Alejandro Bedoya (USA), Jonathan dos Santos (Mexico), Edison Flores (Peru), Javier Chicharito’ Hernandez (Mexico), Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina), Nicolas Lodeiro (Uruguay), Blaise Matuidi (France), Nani (Portugal), Cristian Pavon (Argentina), Raul Ruidiaz (Peru), Carlos Vela (Mexico), Chris Wondolowski (USA)
The rankings are based on overall retail sales of adidas MLS jerseys on MLSstore.com since the beginning of 2020 and through the end of the League’s milestone 25th season.
Best-Selling MLS Player Jerseys:
1 Carlos Vela (LAFC)
2 Javier Hernandez (LA Galaxy)
3 Josef Martinez (Atlanta United)
4 Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC)
5 Rodolfo Pizarro (Inter Miami CF)
6 Gonzalo Higuain (Inter Miami CF)
7 Nani (Orlando City SC)
8 Raul Ruidiaz (Seattle Sounders FC)
9 Blaise Matuidi (Inter Miami CF)
10 Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union)
11 Diego Valeri (Portland Timbers)
12 Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union)
13 Diego Chara (Portland Timbers)
14 Alan Pulido (Sporting Kansas City)
15 Nicolas Lodeiro (Seattle Sounders FC)
16 Edison Flores (D.C. United)
17 Diego Rossi (LAFC)
18 Johnny Russell (Sporting Kansas City)
19 Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
20 Jonathan dos Santos (LA Galaxy)
21 Cristian Pavon (LA Galaxy)
22 Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)
23 Lucas Zelarayan (Columbus Crew SC)
24 Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC)
25 Ezequiel Barco (Atlanta United)
For more information on the best-selling MLS jerseys, visit MLSstore.com.