NASHVILLE, Tenn. (May 2, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club extended their home unbeaten streak to three with a scoreless draw against Inter Miami CF on Sunday at Nissan Stadium. Nashville SC has yet to allow a goal to Inter Miami in their all-time meetings.
The two sides will meet again on Aug. 8 at the newly named DRV PNK Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. and conclude the three-match series on Sept. 22 with the finale also being played in South Florida.
Clean Sheet for Willis: Goalkeeper Joe Willis earned his first shutout of the season and 28th of his career. This is the fourth consecutive match where Willis has earned a shutout against Inter Miami.
The Shots Keep Coming: Nashville SC continued the trend of recording double digit shots while out-shooting its opponent for the third consecutive week. Today, Nashville reached 10 shots taken for a total of 59-21 this season.
Undefeated at Nissan Stadium: Nashville SC remains unbeaten at Nissan Stadium in 2021, finishing the weekend with a home record of 0W-0L-3D. With the result, Nashville moves its overall MLS home record to 5W-2L-8D.
Nashville SC will wrap up its four match homestand on Saturday, May 8 at Nissan Stadium in a clash against New England Revolution with kickoff set for 12:30 p.m. CT.
NSH 8’- Joe Willis with a point blank save off of Inter Miami’s Jay Chapman after a Nashville SC turnover. Willis denied Chapman with the save of the night to preserve what would turn out to be a scoreless draw
- Nashville SC improved its all-time record against Inter Miami to 2W-2D
- Nashville SC has yet to allow a goal to Inter Miami in club history
- Nashville SC out-possessed Inter Miami 59.3% to 40.7%
- Nashville SC recorded 509 passes, the second consecutive week the club has recorded over 500 passes in a contest
- Dominique Badji made his 2021 MLS debut as a substitute in the 77th minute
- Jhonder Cádiz leads the team with 11 shots in 2021, Leal and Hany Mukhtar follow him closely with 10 apiece
- Randall Leal led the squad today in shots on goal, and improved his team leading total to nine in 2021
- Leal also led the team today in chances created with three
- Rodrigo Piñeiro made his MLS debut as a stoppage time sub
- Joe Willis earned his first shutout of the season, and the 28th of his career
Nashville SC 0W-0L-3D vs. Inter Miami CF 1W-1L-1D
May 2, 2021 — Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tenn.
NSH: Aníbal Godoy (Caution) 25’
MIA: Gregore (Caution) 65’
NSH: Walker Zimmerman (Caution) 70’
NSH: Joe Willis; Daniel Lovitz, Dave Romney, Walker Zimmerman, Alistair Johnston; Dax McCarty (C), Aníbal Godoy; Alex Muyl (Handwalla Bwana 77’), Hany Mukhtar (Dominique Badji 77’), Randall Leal (Rodrigo Piñeiro 90 + 3’); Jhonder Cádiz (CJ Sapong 61’)
Unused Substitutes: Bryan Meredith, Jalil Anibaba, Dylan Nealis, Taylor Washington, Matt LaGrassa
TOTAL SHOTS: 10 (Leal & Mukhtar 6); SHOTS ON GOAL: 3 (Leal, 2); FOULS: 10 (Leal 3); OFFSIDES: 4; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 2; POSSESSION: 59.3%
MIA: John McCarthy; Kelvin Leerdam, Leandro Gonzalez Pirez, Ryan Shawcross, Joevin Jones (Brek Shea HT); Lewis Morgan, Blaise Matuidi; Victor Ulloa (C), Jay Chapman (Edison Azcona 67’), Gregore Silva; Rodolfo Pizarro (Robbie Robinson 67’) (Joshua Penn 78’)
Unused Substitutes: Christian Makoun, Sami Guediri, Joshua Penn, Dylan Castanheira, Drake Callender
TOTAL SHOTS: 5; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 12; OFFSIDES: 1; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 3; POSSESSION: 40.7%
Referee: Rosendo Mendoza
AR1: Kyle Atkins
AR2: Eric Weisbrod
4th: Joshua Encarnacion
VAR: Younes Marrakchi
AVAR: Ian McKay
Weather: Clear, 70 degrees.
Statistics are unofficial.