We’re finishing the year strong and wanted to thank you for being such great neighbors.
The first early morning concrete pour will take place Saturday, Dec. 19 beginning around 2 a.m. There will be no early morning pours happening the week of Christmas with the next one scheduled for 2 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 29.
These pours happen in the early morning hours to reduce the potential impact on neighborhood traffic from the trucks. There is also some potential for noise related to the pours.
Other major activities this week include finishing up the drilled piers work and removing the temporary east ramp. Big next steps include work on the wall footings – which spread the weight of any load bearing wall – needed for the concourse level.
Finally, we hope each of you has a safe and relaxing holiday season! Things will stay relatively the same on the ground through the end of the year so look out for our next update in the new year.
- Erecting ADA walls.
- Continued slab on grade work. Slab on grade is a type of foundation used in stadium construction.
- Pouring, forming and reinforcing concrete footings, rakers and retaining walls.
- Backfilling the retaining wall at the southeast end of the site and installing the block retaining wall at the south end.
- Utility and distributed antenna systems (DAS) installation continue. DAS antennae make it possible for everyone to get cell service inside the stadium.
- A range of deep and shallow underground work continues, including plumbing, storm install and electrical work throughout the site.
- Pouring continuous footings, terrace footings, and player bench footings.
- Daily street sweeping on Benton Ave., Bransford Ave., Rains Ave and Wedgewood Ave. near the entrances to the site.
If you want to know what’s happening on site at any time just check out the Live Stadium Construction Camera.
Please feel free to reach out out to email@example.com with any questions you have regarding construction.