NASHVILLE, Tenn. (July 8, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club earned its sixth come from behind result of the 2021 season in a 2-2 draw against Eastern Conference rival Atlanta United FC in front of the club’s largest crowd in 2021 with 22,913 fans present at Nissan Stadium.
Magic from Mukhtar: Hany Mukhtar notched his second assist on the season via a corner kick in the 14th minute of the match and scored Nashville SC’s first penalty kick of the season in the 48th minute. Mukhtar joins Randall Leal as the only two Nashville SC players to score a goal and register an assist in the same match this season.
Keep Shooting: Nashville SC took 17 shots tonight against Atlanta United FC, raising its season total to 188, the most of any team in the Eastern Conference. With the eight shots on target, Nashville SC’s season total moves to 75, the most of any team in Major League Soccer.
Wrapping Up the Homestand: Nashville SC will wrap up its five match homestand, the longest of the season July 17 against Chicago Fire FC. Nashville SC has earned 2W-0L-2D record in the homestand so far, while owning a 4W-0L-5D record at home in 2021.
ATL 5’: Jake Mulraney delivers a pass of a set piece beyond the 18-yard box to Anton Walkes who scored off of a header
NSH 14’: Jalil Anibaba netted a goal after finding himself on the receiving end of a corner kick service from Hany Mukhtar, sending it into the bottom left of the goal
NSH 48’: Hany Mukhtar converts the penalty, the first for Nashville SC this season
ATL 59’: Jackson Conway scored a header from the center of the box on corner kick from Marcelino Moreno
- Tonight’s attendance was 22,931, the largest crowd of the season
- Nashville SC scored its second set piece goal of the season; both have been assisted from corners taken by Hany Mukhtar
- Nashville SC have now earned six come from behind results this season
- Nashville SC took and scored their first penalty kick of the season
- Nashville SC have outshot Atlanta United 69-40 and 28-16 on target across all competition in their MLS history
- Nashville SC are 8W-3L-4D when playing on a weekday
- Jalil Anibaba made his first start of the 2021 season and scored his first goal since March 30, 2019 as a New England Revolution player against Minnesota United FC
- Tah Brian Anunga played the full 90 minutes for the first time this season
- Dave Romney led all players with 72 touches and 54 total passes. Romney remains the only outfield player for Nashville SC to play every possible minute for the club in MLS
- Hany Mukhtar led all players with shots (6) and shots on target (4)
Nashville SC 4W-1L-7D vs. Atlanta United FC 2W-3L-7D
July 8, 2021 — Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tenn.
ATL: Anton Walkes (Jake Mulraney) 6’
NSH: Jalil Anibaba (Hany Mukhtar) 14’
NSH: Hany Mukhtar 50’
ATL: Jackson Conway (Marcelino Moreno) 58’
NSH: Randall Leal (Caution) 28’
ATL: Tyler Wolff (Caution) 29’
ATL: Santiago Sosa (Caution) 44’
ATL: Erick Torres (Caution) 47’
ATL: Marcelino Moreno (Caution) 67’
ATL: Jake Mulraney (Ejection) 74’
NSH: Luke Haakenson (Caution) 82’
NSH: Dax McCarty (Caution) 89’
NSH: Joe Willis; Daniel Lovitz, Jalil Anibaba, Dave Romney, Jack Maher (Abu Danladi 81’); Dax McCarty (C), Hany Mukhtar, Alex Muyl (Luke Haakenson 81’), Tah Brian Anunga; Randall Leal, CJ Sapong (Jhonder Cádiz 71’)
Unused Substitutes: Daniel RÍOS, Eric Miller, Dylan Nealis, Matt LaGrassa, Taylor Washington, Bryan Meredith
TOTAL SHOTS: 17 (Mukhtar, 6); SHOTS ON GOAL: 8 (Mukhtar, 4); FOULS: 16 (Muyl, 3); OFFSIDES: 6; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 0; POSSESSION: 50.1%
ATL: Alec Kann; Alex De John, Anton Walkes (C), Brooks Lennon; Santiago Sosa, Jake Mulraney, Mo Adams (George Campbell 23’), Machop Chol; Marcelino Moreno, Tyler Wolff (Mikey Ambrose 88'), Erick Torres (Jackson Conway 53’)
Unused Substitutes: Ronald Hernandez, Erik Lopez, Ben Lundgaard, Josh Bauer
TOTAL SHOTS: 6; SHOTS ON GOAL: 2; FOULS: 17; OFFSIDES: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 6; POSSESSION: 49.9%
Referee: Joe Dickerson
AR1: Jeremy Hanson
AR2: Chantal Boudreau
4th: Silviu Petrescu
VAR: Younes Marrakchi
AVAR: Jeff Muschik
Weather: Clear, 84 degrees.
Statistics are unofficial.