COLUMBUS (April 2, 2022) – Nashville Soccer Club earned its second road victory of the season with a 1-0 result over the Columbus Crew on Saturday night at Lower.com Field. With the road win Nashville SC is currently the only Western Conference team to have two road wins in 2022.
First Goal Magic: Nashville SC improved its MLS record to 20W-4L-6D when scoring the first goal in a match. The Boys in Gold are now 15W-1L-3D when having the lead at halftime.
The Muyl Deal: Alex Muyl made his second consecutive start on Saturday night, notching the game-winning goal. The goal was Muyl’s 15th career tally, fourth with Nashville SC, and third career goal against the Columbus Crew.
Mukhtar Magic: Hany Mukhtar earned a secondary assist tonight on Muyl’s goal after a classy backheel fed Taylor Washington down the wing. Mukhtar has now recorded assists in back-to-back matches and three in his last four. The German now has 19th assists in his MLS career.
Joe Says No: Joe Willis earned his second clean sheet of the season with a four save performance. Willis’ 42nd career shutout and 24th with Nashville came in his 175th career MLS regular season appearance.
Nashville SC’s eight-match road trip continues on Saturday, April 9 at Sporting Kansas City. Fans can follow the action on MyTV30 and the NashvilleSC.com/Stream starting with the pregame show at 7 p.m. CT. They can also listen to the call via the free iHeartRADIO app by searching Nashville SC for English and on all three El Jefe stations 96.7FM, 105.3FM, and 810AM for Spanish.
NSH 28’: Hany Mukhtar backheels a pass to Taylor Washington who streaks down the flank and sends in a cross pass to Alex Muyl who heads in the effort to the far post.
- Nashville SC:
- earned its first-ever victory over Columbus Crew, in the month of April and wearing Acoustic Blue
- owns a 20W-10L-22D record against the Eastern Conference
- has had three different players wear the Captain’s armband - Dax McCarty, Walker Zimmerman and Sean Davis
- Tah Brian Anunga, Jack Maher and Taylor Washington made their first starts of the season tonight; Maher led Nashville with a 96.9% passing accuracy
- Sean Davis worn the Captain’s armband tonight for the first time as a member of Nashville SC
- Dave Romney made his 145th MLS regular season start and surpassed 12,000 regular season minutes played in his MLS career
- Taylor Washington earned his first assist of the season, and first since 2020
- Joe Willis earned a season high four saves
- Walker Zimmerman and Aníbal Godoy came off the bench for the first time this season
Nashville SC (2W-2L-1D, 7 pts.) vs. Columbus Crew (2W-1L-2D, 8 pts.)
April 2, 2022 – Lower.com Field
NSH: Alex Muyl (Taylor Washington, Hany Mukhtar) 28’
CLB: Derrick Etienne Jr. (caution) 55’
CLB: Luis Díaz (caution) 66’
NSH: CJ Sapong (caution) 75’
NSH: Alex Muyl (caution) 79’
CLB: Jose Artur de Lima Junior (caution) 90’ + 3’
NSH: Luke Haakenson (caution) 90’ + 5’
NSH: Joe Willis, Dave Romney, Jack Maher, Eric Miller (Walker Zimmerman 71’), Taylor Washington, Hany Mukhtar, Alex Muyl, Tah Brian Anunga (Aníbal Godoy 71’), Sean Davis (C), Randall Leal (Luke Haakenson 81’), CJ Sapong (Aké Loba 81’)
Unused Substitutes: Daniel Lovitz, Handwalla Bwana, Ethan Zubak, Josh Bauer, Bryan Meredith
CLB: Eloy Room, Jonathan Mensah (C), Milos Degenek, Pedro Santos, Steven Moreira, Darlington Nagbe, Artur, Lucas Zelarayán, Luis Díaz (Alexandru Matan 78’), Derrick Etienne Jr. (Yaw Yeboah 60’), Gyasi Zardes (Miguel Berry 59’)
Unused Substitutes: Marlon Hairston, Erik Hurtado, Jalil Anibaba, Evan Bush, Sean Zawadzki, James Igbekeme
Referee: Rubiel Vazquez
AR1: Chris Elliott
AR2: Meghan Mullen
4th: Marcos Deoliveira
VAR: Daniel Radford
AVAR: Eric Weisbrod
Weather: Clear, 50 degrees