Harrison, NJ (June 18, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club saw its seven-match unbeaten streak come to an end in a 2-0 loss to New York Red Bulls on Friday night at Red Bull Arena. Nashville SC now owns a 2W-1L-5D record with 11 points.
Debuts for Nashville SC: 2021 MLS SuperDraft selection and No. 20 overall pick Irakoze Donasiyano made his professional debut tonight after coming in for Matt LaGrassa in the 63rd minute of the match. Abu Danlandi came on the pitch for the first time in the 2021 MLS season to play 13 minutes.
Back at Home: Nashville SC is set to return to Music City for a five-game homestand which will be the longest of the season for the Boys in Gold, all against Eastern Conference opponents. Action will open up next week against Toronto FC and CF Montréal followed by matchups against Philadelphia Union and Atlanta United FC. The homestand will conclude with a July 17 match against Chicago Fire FC.
Nashville SC returns to MLS action on Wednesday, June 23 at 7:30 p.m. CT to take on Toronto FC. Tickets are available at https://www.nashvillesc.com/tickets/.
RBNY 37’ – Patryk Kilmala sets up the opening goal of the game off of a bicycle volley pass for Fabio Gomes who takes a strike with the outside of his foot which hits the far post and ricochets in the back of the net.
RBNY 54’ – Caden Clark switches possession at half field to Kyle Duncan who dribbles to the edge of the box to take a left-footed shot which slides in the bottom corner.
- Nashville SC now owns a 7W-3L-3D record all-time in weekday matches
- Coming into this match, the backline of Walker Zimmerman, Dave Romney, Dan Lovitz, and Alistair Johnston played every minute together this season until Zimmerman was subbed off in the 63rd minute
- Koze Donasiyano made his Major League Soccer and professional debut
- Matt LaGrassa made his first start of the season tonight
- Randall Leal improved his shot total for the season to 23 and leads all Nashville SC players with that total
- Dan Lovitz led Nashville SC tonight with 63 touches and 36 total passes
- Alex Muyl appeared against New York Red Bulls for the first time since being traded last season
- Dave Romney made his 100th career MLS start
Nashville SC 2W-1L-5D vs. New York Red Bulls 4W-4L-0D
June 18, 2021 — Red Bull Arena, Harrison, New Jersey
RBNY: Fabio Gomes (Patryk Kilmala and Sean Nealis) 37’
RBNY: Kyle Duncan (Caden Clark) 54’
RBNY: Patryk Klimala (Caution) 58’
RBNY: Kyle Duncan (Caution) 71’
NSH: Joe Willis; Daniel Lovitz, Dave Romney, Alistair Johnson, Walker Zimmerman (Jalil Anibaba 63’); Dax McCarty (C), Hany Mukhtar (Handwalla Bwana), Alex Muyl, Matt LaGrassa (Irakoze Donasiyano 63’); Randall Leal (Luke Haakenson 63’), CJ Sapong (Abu Danladi 77’)
Unused Substitutes: Eric Miller, Dylan Nealis, Taylor Washington, Bryan Meredith
TOTAL SHOTS: 8 (Mukhtar, 2); SHOTS ON GOAL: 1 (Leal, 1); FOULS: 11 (Sapong, 4); OFFSIDES: 3; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 4; POSSESSION: 41.1%
RBNY: Carlos Coronel; Andres Reyes (Amro Tarek 83’), Kyle Duncan, Thomas Edwards (Dru Yearwood 51’), Sean Nealis, John Tolkin; Frankie Amaya (Wikelman Carmona 83’), Sean Davis (C), Caden Clark; Fabio Gomes (Tom Barlow 75’), Patryk Klimala
Unused Substitutes: Cameron Harper, Ryan Meara, Florian Valot, Jason Pendant
TOTAL SHOTS: 13; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 15; OFFSIDES: 3; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 1; POSSESSION: 58.6%
Referee: Nima Saghafi
AR1: Brian Poeschel
AR2: Eric Weisbrod
4th: Natalie Simon
VAR: Jose Carlos Rivero
AVAR: Tom Supple
Weather: Clear, 80 degrees.
Statistics are unofficial.