FOXBOROUGH, MA. (Aug. 4, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club extended their unbeaten streak to nine matches with a scoreless draw at Major League Soccer’s Supporters Shield leaders New England Revolution on Wednesday night.
This Joe Is a Pro: Nashville SC goalkeeper Joe Willis recorded six saves and an MLS leading eighth shutout of the season. Willis has now recorded 17 clean sheets in 30 matches for Nashville SC and boasts a 0.88-goals against average this season. Tonight, marked the first time Willis has worn the captain’s band in his career.
The Streak Stays Alive: The Boys in Gold extended their unbeaten streak to nine matches with the road result, which is currently the longest active streak in MLS in terms of matches played.
On the Road again: Nashville SC will complete their longest road trip to date this season against 2020 expansion counterpart Inter Miami CF on Sunday, Aug. 8 at 5 p.m. CT at the DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Nashville SC holds a 2W-0L-2D record, including playoffs, against Miami.
Fans can tune in to cheer on the Boys in Gold on MyTV30 and the live stream on www.NashvilleSC.com starting at 4:30 p.m. CT on Sunday.
- Nashville SC remains the only team with one loss, the fewest losses this season in MLS
- Nashville SC currently sits third in the league in goal differential with +10
- Nashville SC currently leads the league with eight shutouts
- Jhonder Cádiz led all Nashville SC players in shots with five and shots on goal with two
- Aníbal Godoy made his first appearance since July 3 as a substitute in the 64th minute
- Matt LaGrassa led all players in successful tackles with six
- Aké Loba made his first start and played 45 minutes, the most amount of action he has seen since joining the club in July
- Dan Lovitz made his first appearance since July 17 as a substitute in the 70th minute
- Dax McCarty swapped the cleats for a broadcast mic, joining Tony Husband and Jamie Watson in tonight’s call after Coach Smith decided to rest him
- Eric Miller and Taylor Washington made their fourth consecutive start
- Dave Romney continued his streak of minutes played this season with 1,530. Romney remains the only outfield player in club history to play every minute for the club
Nashville SC 6W-1L-10D vs. New England Revolution 11W-3L-4D
Aug. 4, 2021 — Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.
NSH: Matt LaGrassa (Caution) 33’
NE: Gustavo Bou (Caution) 34’
NE: Andrew Farrell (Caution) 37’
NE: Wilfrid Kaptoum (Caution) 48’
NSH: Joe Willis (C); Jalil Anibaba, Dave Romney, Jack Maher, Eric Miller, Taylor Washington (Daniel Lovitz 70’); Alex Muyl (Randall Leal 79’), Matt LaGrassa (Aníbal Godoy 64’), Tah Brian Anunga; Aké Loba (Hany Mukhtar HT), Jhonder Cádiz (CJ Sapong 64’)
Unused Substitutes: Abu Danladi, Robert Castellanos, Luke Haakenson, Bryan Meredith
TOTAL SHOTS: 7 (Cádiz, 5); SHOTS ON GOAL: 2 (Cádiz, 2); FOULS: 11 (Four players tied, 2); OFFSIDES: 1; CORNER KICKS: 3; SAVES: 6; POSSESSION: 31.2%
NE: Matt Turner; Andrew Farrell, Henry Kessler, Matthew Polster, Brandon Bye, DeJuan Jones; Wilfrid Kaptoum (Emmanuel Boateng 63’), Gustavo Bou (C), Arnor Traustason (Thomas McNamara 63’); Adam Buska, Tajon Buchanan (Teal Bunbury 81’)
Unused Substitutes: Scott Caldwell, Lucas Maciel, Brad Knighton, A.J. DeLaGarza, Christina Mafla, Earl Edwards Jr.
TOTAL SHOTS: 12; SHOTS ON GOAL: 6; FOULS: 14; OFFSIDES: 1; CORNER KICKS: 6; SAVES: 2; POSSESSION: 68.8%
Referee: Silviu Petrescu
AR1: Jeffrey Greeson
AR2: Claudiu Badea
4th: Lukasz Szpala
VAR: Jose Carlos Rivero
AVAR: Tom Supple
Weather: Rainy, 67 degrees.
Statistics are unofficial.