Washington, D.C. (June 25, 2022) – Nashville Soccer Club earned a 3-1 road victory over D.C. United on Saturday afternoon at Audi Field. Daniel Lovitz opened the scoreboard in the 6th minute with Hany Mukhtar scoring two goals in injury time before halftime and the 50th minute of the match.
Hany Mukhtar The MVP: Mukhtar registered his team leading sixth and seventh goals of the season. Per Opta, Mukhtar has been involved in 26 road goals (14 goals, 12 assists) since his MLS debut on Feb. 29, 2020, the most in MLS in that span.
Also per Opta, Mukhtar has scored multiple goals in eight regular season matches, more than any other player in the league since his MLS debut. Mukhtar’s third brace of the season today has him tied for second in MLS in games with multiple goals.
New Personal Best Randall Leal: Randall Leal returned to the Starting XI for the first time since May 8 after being sidelined to an ankle injury. Leal recorded two assists in a match for the first time in his MLS career today, being credited with an assist on both of Mukhtar’s goals.
Dominant Against D.C. United: The Boys in Gold remain undefeated against D.C. United (3W-0L-1D) after earning their first win in The District today. In the four all-time matches, Nashville SC has now outscored D.C. United 9-3.
Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Quarterfinal: Nashville SC will now focus on the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinal match on Wednesday night against Orlando City SC. Kickoff for that match is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT on ESPN+.
NSH 6’: Daniel Lovitz nails the top left corner on an attacking rebound for the first goal of the game
NSH 45’+1: Hany Mukhtar receives a pass at the right goal post from Dax McCarty to find the back of the net
NSH 50’: With a Randall Leal setup, Hany Mukhtar hits the top corner of the goal with his left foot
DCU 59’: Taxiarchis Fountas puts D.C. on the board with a shot and goal to the bottom right corner
- Nashville SC:
- is tied for the MLS lead for road wins (5)
- scored three goals or more in back-to-back road matches for the first time in club history
- has earned results in every regular season match when Hany Mukhtar scores (10W-0L-9D)
- has scored multiple goals in six road matches this season
- owns a .682 winning percentage across all competitions in the past 11 matches (6W-2L-3D)
- is now 3W-0L-2D against the Eastern Conference this season; owns a 22W-10L-24D record against the East in its MLS history
- is now 20W-0L-7D all-time record when scoring two or more goals in a match in MLS competition.
- is now 24W-4L-8D when scoring the first goal of the match in MLS matches
- is now 18W-1L-5D record in MLS play when owning the lead at halftime
- is 7W-5L-8D all-time when on national TV
- recorded more shots than D.C. United (9-8)
- Sean Davis led Nashville today with 14 passes in the final third
- Hany Mukhtar
- has been involved in 49 of Nashville’s 101 regular season goals in club history
- tied his season high for shots in a match with seven (also April 16 at SJ and May 8 vs. RSL)
- leads the team in goals (8) and leads MLS in shots (63) and shots on target (36)
- Dan Lovitz
- recorded his first goal of the season
- started in his 150th career MLS match
- Dax McCarty
- appeared in his 424th career MLS Regular Season match
- earned his second assist of the season
- led the team in completed passes
- Alex Muyl led the team in touches with 60
\Nashville SC (6W-5L-5D, 26 pts.) vs. D.C. United (4W-9L-2D, 14 pts \
\June 15, 2022 – Audi Field \
NSH: Daniel Lovitz 6’ (Unassisted)
NSH: Hany Mukhtar (Dax McCarty) 45 +1’
NSH: Hany Mukhtar (Randall Leal) 50’
DCU: Taxiarchis Fountas (Nigel Robertha) 59’
DCU: Andy Najar (caution) 21’
NSH: Daniel Lovitz (caution) 26’
NSH: Walker Zimmerman (caution) 54’
NSH: Dave Romney (caution) 60’
DCU: Steven Birnbaum (caution) 63’
NSH: Tah Brian Anunga (caution) 84’
NSH: Luke Haakenson (caution) 90 +2’
NSH: Joe Willis, Daniel Lovitz (Taylor Washington 86’), Dave Romney, Jack Maher, Walker Zimmerman, Dax McCarty © (Tah Brian Anunga 74’), Hany Mukhtar (Ethan Zubak 86’), Alex Muyl, Sean Davis, Randall Leal (Luke Haakenson 62‘), CJ Sapong (Aké Loba 74’)
Unused Substitutes: Josh Bauer, Elliot Panicco, Will Meyer
DCU: Rafael Romo, Brendan Hines-Ike, Brad Smith (Kimarni Smith 71’), Andy Nojar, Steven Birnbaum ©, Russell Canouse (Drew Skundrich 83’), Christ Durkin, Sofiane Djeffal (Nigel Robertha 46’), Julian Gressel (Donovan Pines 56’), Ola Kamara (Michael Estrada 56’), Taxiarchis Fountas
\Unused Substitutes: Jan Kempin, Tony Alfaro \
Weather: Clear, 88 degrees