FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (Sept. 22, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club (11W-3L-11D, 44 points) secured three more points on the road off goals from midfielder Hany Mukhtar, defender Walker Zimmerman, midfielder Randall Leal and defender Alistair Johnston against Inter Miami CF on Wednesday night.
Results on the Road: Nashville SC recorded its third road win of the season with a dominant 5-1 victory over Inter Miami CF. Nashville SC sits in second place in the Eastern Conference with 44 points. Nashville SC owns a record of 5W-1L-1D since Aug. 15, and a record of 2W-1L-0D as the Boys in Gold enter their final match of this four-match road trip.
Mukhtar For MVP: Hany Mukhtar recorded his 11th and 12th goals of the season on Wednesday night. This marks his second brace in the month of September for Mukhtar. The midfielder now leads Nashville SC in goals (12), assists (9), shots (72) and shots on target (34). He has a combined total of 21 goals and assists. Nashville SC holds a record of 8W-1L-4D when Mukhtar records a goal or an assist in a match.
Walker the Road Warrior:Walker Zimmerman recorded his second goal of the season, both of which have been on the road. Zimmerman’s performance on the night included two clearances and two interceptions. Nashville SC owns a record of 6W-2L-7D with Zimmerman in the lineup.
Nashville SC will travel to the Windy City to face Chicago Fire FC on Sunday, Sept. 26 at noon CT. Fans can follow all of the action by tuning in to MyTV30, as well as ESPN 94.9 (English radio) or El Jefe 96.7 (Spanish radio).
NSH 6’: Dax McCarty and Alistair Johnston connect in the box, and Johnston sends a ball to Mukhtar who strikes from the far post into the lower right corner of the net
NSH 39’: Aníbal Godoy chases down a missed collection from Miami’s goalkeeper and sends a cross in for Zimmerman to win in the air and head into the back of the net
NSH 48’: Hany Mukhtar collects a deflected ball off an outstretch Miami goalkeeper and slots the ball into the back of the net unassisted
MIA 64’: Gonzalo Higuaín sends a quick pass at the top of the box to Rodolfo Pizarro, who sends the ball back to Higuaín to slot past Joe Willis into the net
NSH 70’: Alex Muyl sends a ball to Randall Leal, who takes on three Miami players as he streaks into the box and strikes home to the far post
NSH 90+6’: Jhonder Cádiz receives the ball in the box and slots the ball to Alistair Johnston, who chips the ball into the net
- Nashville SC owns a record of 9W-1L-1D when scoring first this season
- Nashville SC have a road record of 3W-3L-5D this season
- Nashville SC have an all-time record of 8W-0L-0D when scoring four or more goals in a match
- Nashville SC owns an all-time record of 10W-3L-7D on weekdays
- Nashville SC owns an all-time record of 3W-1L-2D against Inter Miami CF
- Nashville SC Head Coach Gary Smith owns a 51W-8L-21D all-time record in his career when scoring first in a match
- Alistair Johnston recorded his first goal of his MLS career and first assist of the season
- Aníbal Godoy recorded his first road assist, marking a career-high of five assists in the 2021 MLS season
- Dax McCarty recorded his second assist of the season and has now earned assists in back-to-back starts
- McCarty is now tied for fourth place in MLS all-time leaders in games played by outfield players in the regular season with 404 matches
- Hany Mukhtar leads Nashville SC in goals scored (12), assists (9), shots (72) and shots on target (34)
- Mukhtar recorded his second brace of the month, and now holds one hat trick and three braces on the season
- Dave Romney remains the only Nashville SC outfield player to play all 2,250 minutes this season and all 4,560 minutes in Nashville SC’s history
- Walker Zimmerman recorded his second goal of the season, both of which were recorded on the road
Nashville SC 11W-3L-11D vs. Inter Miami CF 9W-11L-5D
September 22, 2021 – DRV PNK Stadium
NSH: Hany Mukhtar (Alistair Johnston) 6’
NSH: Walker Zimmerman (Aníbal Godoy) 39’
NSH: Hany Mukhtar 48’
MIA: Gonzalo Higuaín (Rodolfo Pizarro) 64’
NSH: Randall Leal (Alex Muyl) 70’
NSH: Alistair Johnston (Jhonder Cádiz) 90+6’
NSH: Hany Mukhtar (caution) 67’
MIA: Gregore Silva (caution) 75’
MIA: Gregore Silva (ejection; second caution) 86’
NSH: Joe Willis; Daniel Lovitz, Dave Romney, Jack Maher, Alistair Johnston, Walker Zimmerman, Dax McCarty (C) (Brian Anunga 76’), Hany Mukhtar (Alex Muyl 68’), Aníbal Godoy (Luke Haakenson 84’), Randall Leal (Aké Loba 84’), CJ Sapong (Jhonder Cádiz 76’)
Unused Substitutes: Daniel Ríos, Eric Miller, Taylor Washington, Bryan Meredith
MIA: Nick Marsman, Kieran Gibbs (Brek Shea 68’), Christian Makoun, Kelvin Leerdam, Lewis Morgan, Blaise Matuidi, Rodolfo Pizarro (Sami Guediri 88’), Jay Chapman, Gregore Silva (C), Gonzalo Higuain, Julián Carranza (Robbie Robinson 68’)
Unused Substitutes: John McCarthy, Frederico Higuain, Indiana Vassilev
Referee: Jon Freemon
AR1: Kevin Klinger
AR2: Cory Richardson
4th: Marcos DeOilveira
VAR: Daniel Radford
AVAR: Jozef Batko
Weather: 82 degrees, rainy
Statistics are unofficial.