HARRISON, N.J. (Oct. 3, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club (11W-3L-14D) secured another result on the road in a 0-0 draw against New York City FC at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey on Sunday. Goalkeeper Joe Willis returns to the top of the MLS leaderboard with 12 clean sheets off the back of this result.
Road Warriors: Nashville SC now owns a road record of 3W-3L-7D on the 2021 MLS regular season. The Boys in Gold have played six road matches since Aug. 28, with a record of 3W-1L-2D. Over the six road matches, Nashville has scored nine goals and allowed just three goals. Of Nashville’s remaining six regular season matches, four will occur on the road.
Clean Sheet Club: Joe Willis and the Nashville SC backline secured their 12th clean sheet of the season today. MLS All-Star Walker Zimmerman led the backline with six clearances and three blocks. Willis notched three saves on the night. He has yet to allow more than two goals in a match on the season.
Boys in Gold Called Up: Nashville SC has four players called up to their national squads during MLS’s international break. Defender Walker Zimmerman (United States), defender Alistair Johnston (Canada), midfielder Aníbal Godoy (Panama) and midfielder Randall Leal (Costa Rica) will report to their respective national team camps following today’s match. Godoy and the Panamanian side will host Zimmerman and the United States Men’s National Team on Oct. 10 before concluding this series of matches on Oct. 13 against Nashville teammate Alistair Johnston and the Canadian side. Leal and the Costa Rican side will face off against Zimmerman and the United States Men’s National Team on Oct. 13 in Columbus, Ohio at Lower.com Field.
Nashville SC will travel to face D.C. United on Saturday, Oct. 16 at 6:30 p.m. CT. Fans can follow all of the action by tuning in to MyTV30, as well as ESPN 94.9 (English radio) or El Jefe 96.7 (Spanish radio).
- Nashville SC has earned 11 road points since Aug. 28
- Nashville SC own an all-time road record of 8W-9L-10D
- Nashville SC owns the fewest losses in MLS this season with three
- Hany Mukhtar leads Nashville SC in goals (13), assists (9), shots (78), and shots on goal (37)
- Head Coach Gary Smith owns an overall record of 21W-11L-22D as manager of Nashville SC
- Walker Zimmerman led Nashville SC’s defense with six clearances and three blocks
- Dave Romney remains the only Nashville SC outfield player to play all 2,520 minutes this season and all 4,830 minutes in Nashville SC’s history