NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Sept. 29, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club (11W-3L-13D) secured another result at home and extended its overall home unbeaten streak to 16 matches, owning a record of 9W-0L-7D in that stretch. The result tonight comes off goals from midfielders Hany Mukhtar (11’) and Randall Leal (59’) in a 2-2 draw against Orlando City SC.
Mukhtar’s Most Valuable Season: Hany Mukhtar netted his 13th goal of the season early in the first half. Mukhtar entered the night leading MLS in combined goals and assists with 21. He leads the Boys in Gold in goals (13), assists (9), shots (77), and shots on goal (37). Nashville SC owns a record of 8W-1L-5D when Hany Mukhtar scores a goal, records an assist, or both.
Firing Away: Nashville SC now owns a record of 9W-1L-2D when scoring first this season, and a record of 9W-0L-2D when leading at the half. The starting top three of Mukhtar, Leal and Sapong own a combined 29 goals and 20 assists. Both Mukhtar and Sapong have hit double-digits in goals recorded this season, with 13 and 10 respectively. The Boys in Gold have scored a total of 46 goals this season, the third most in the Eastern Conference.
Our House, In the Middle of the Week: Nashville SC returned home after a four-match road trip ready to defend its unbeaten home streak. Tonight, the Boys in Gold extended this record to 16 matches overall, the longest active MLS unbeaten home streak, dating back to Nov. 2020. Nashville SC will not return home again until late October.
Nashville SC will travel this weekend to face New York City FC on Sunday, Oct. 3 at 11 a.m. CT. Fans can follow all of the action by tuning in to MyTV30, as well as ESPN 94.9 (English radio) or El Jefe 96.7 (Spanish radio).
NSH 11’: Hany Mukhtar’s penalty kick is blocked, and Mukhtar finds the back of the net as it rebounds off of Orlando’s goalkeeper
NSH 59’: Dax McCarty fed the ball to Randall Leal, who rocketed the ball through Orlando’s defense to curl into the net
ORL 76’: Daryl Dike finds the back of the net on a penalty kick
ORL 90+3’: Orlando has a set piece, and the ball deflects off of Brian Anunga for an own goal
- Nashville SC owns 18W-3L-5D record all-time when scoring the first goal of the contest in MLS play
- Nashville SC owns a 15W-1L-2D all-time MLS record when leading at halftime
- Nashville SC owns an all-time record of 10W-3L-8D on weekdays
- Joe Willis is tied for the league lead in clean sheets with 11
- Walker Zimmerman led Nashville SC’s defense with seven clearances and one goal line tackle
- Dave Romney remains the only Nashville SC outfield player to play all 2,430 minutes this season and all 4,740 minutes in Nashville SC’s history
- Randall Leal registered his sixth goal of the season tonight and now ranks third on the team in goals + assists with 13
- Leal leads Nashville SC players in goals scored from beyond the 18-yard box with three
- Dax McCarty has registered three assists in his last five matches
- Head Coach Gary Smith owns an overall record of 21W-11L-21D as manager of Nashville SC
NSH: Hany Mukhtar (Unassisted) 11’
NSH: Randall Leal (McCarty) 59’
ORL: Daryl Dike (Penalty) 76’
ORL: Brian Anunga (Own Goal) 90’+3’
ORL: Mauricio Pereyra (caution) 31’
NSH: Aníbal Godoy (caution) 34’
ORL: Rodrigo Schlegel (caution) 62’
ORL: Antônio Carlos (caution) 81’
NSH: Alistair Johnston (caution) 82’
Referee: Drew Fischer
AR1: Nick Uranga
AR2: Kathryn Nesbitt
4th: Thomas Snyder
VAR: Daniel Radford
AVAR: Brooke Mayo