CHICAGO (Sept. 26, 2021) – Nashville Soccer Club (11W-3L-12D) earned a valuable point on the road as the Boys in Gold finished their four-match road trip against Chicago Fire FC with a scoreless draw. Nashville SC will return to Nissan Stadium on Wednesday night, remaining steadily in second place in the Eastern Conference with 45 points.
Where There’s a Willis There’s a Way: Joe Willis earned his league-leading 11th clean sheet against Chicago Fire FC on Sunday in the nil-nil draw. Willis’ 11 shutouts broke his previous career-high nine clean sheets, set with Nashville SC last season. Willis has yet to allow more than two goals in a single match this season.
Steady in Second: Nashville SC holds steady at second place in the Eastern Conference after securing one point on the road in Chicago. Nashville SC will return home with 45 points and six points in hand over third place New York City FC in the same number of matches played. Nashville SC will return home to face fifth place Orlando City SC with 38 points.
Headed Home: The Boys in Gold will return home to Nissan Stadium for a mid-week competition against Orlando City SC. Nashville SC ends its road-trip with a record of 2W-1L-1D, and a record of 5W-1L-2D since Aug. 15. Nashville SC owns the longest active undefeated streak at home in MLS with 15 matches overall and enters the upcoming competition against Orlando with a record of 8W-0L-6D in the 2021 MLS season at home.
Nashville SC will return to Nashville to face Orlando City SC on Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 7:30 p.m. CT. Fans can purchase tickets to the mid-week match at https://www.nashvillesc.com/tickets/.
- Nashville SC owns a road record of 3W-3L-5D this season
- Nashville SC owns a record of 10W-3L-11D in the 2021 MLS season against Eastern Conference opponents
- Nashville SC enters the upcoming home match as the only MLS side yet to lose at home this season
- Tah Brian Anunga led Nashville SC with 11 possessions gained
- Alistair Johnston and Dax McCarty led the defense with three interceptions apiece
- Dax McCarty now owns sole possession of fourth place in MLS all-time leaders in games played by outfield players in the regular season with 405 matches
- Dave Romney remains the only Nashville SC outfield player to play all 2,340 minutes this season and all 4,650 minutes in Nashville SC’s history
- Joe Willis leads MLS in clean sheets with 11
- Walker Zimmerman led Nashville SC’s defense with seven clearances
Nashville SC 11W-3L-12D vs. Chicago Fire FC 6W-15L-6D
September 26, 2021 – Soldier Field
CHI: Mauricio Pineda (caution) 50’
NSH: Brian Anunga (caution) 56’
NSH: Joe Willis; Daniel Lovitz, Dave Romney, Jack Maher, Alistair Johnston (Eric Miller 90’+2), Walker Zimmerman, Dax McCarty (C) (Aníbal Godoy 73'), Alex Muyl (Luke Haakenson 73’), Brian Anunga, Randall Leal (Aké Loba 62’), Jhonder Cádiz (Daniel Ríos 62’)
Unused Substitutes: Jalil Anibaba, Hany Mukhtar, Taylor Washington, Bryan Meredith
CHI: Gabriel Slonina, Jonathan Bornstein (C), Johan Kappelhof (Wyatt Omsberg 73’), Miguel Navarro, John Espinoza (Fabian Herbers 62’), Mauricio Pineda, Álvaro Medrán (Chinonso Offor 62’), Ignacio Aliseda, Gaston Gimenez, Frederico Navarro, Roberto Berić
Unused Substitutes: Bobby Shuttleworth, Elliot Collier, Javier Casas, Alexis Monis, Stanislav Ivanov
Referee: Ismir Pekmic
AR1: Jeremy Hanson
AR2: CJ Morgante
4th: Tim Ford
VAR: Alan Kelly
AVAR: Eric Boria
Statistics are unofficial.