Player Recipes pres. by Kroger: Alex Muyl’s Quinoa Grain Bowl with Sautéed Vegetables & Garbanzo Beans
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 carrots, sliced into moons
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 3 zucchinis diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 jalapeños, sliced into thin rings
- Ginger, diced finely
- Crushed red pepper
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- Lime juice
- Bring two cups of water to a boil, add 1 cup quinoa, carrots and salt to taste
- Cover, lower heat and let simmer for 15 minutes until the water is gone and quinoa is fluffy.
- In a larger pan or Dutch oven, heat oil on medium high and add mushrooms, cooking until browned (roughly 5 minutes)
- Lower heat and add onion, zucchini, salt, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano to taste, cover partially. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the zucchini has softened and the onion is opaque.
- Add broccoli, celery, spinach and a bit more oil to larger pan or Dutch oven. Cover and cook on medium until broccoli has softened, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add garlic, and keep covered until ready to serve.
- Finally combine the quinoa and carrots in a bowl with the sautéed vegetables. Top with garbanzo beans, minced ginger, lime juice, jalapeño slices, and cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste.