NASHVILLE – Nashville SC unveiled its matchday squad and Starting XI before its home match against Memphis 901 FC at First Tennessee Park.
The Starting XI includes:
Keeper: Matt Pickens
Defenders: Darnell King, Liam Doyle, Ken Tribbett and Justin Davis
Midfielders: Michael Reed and Matt LaGrassa
Wingers: Lebo Moloto and Kharlton Belmar
Forwards: Tucker Hume and Daniel Ríos.
The bench will include keeper Connor Sparrow, defenders Kosuke Kimura, Bradley Bourgeois and Taylor Washington, midfielder Bolu Akinyode, winger Alan Winn and forward Ropapa Mensah.
A few notes about the Starting XI:
- Matt Pickens returns to the starting XI after being on the bench the previous two matches.
- Pickens will have started all three home matches, with Sparrow drawing starts in the two road matches.
- Darnell King will draw the start for his first appearance in a Nashville SC uniform.
- Liam Doyle and Ken Tribbett draw the start at centerback. Each has started all five games for NSC in 2019.
- Justin Davis makes his third consecutive start of the season.
- Matt LaGrassa will start to give him his 38th consecutive appearance for Nashville SC.
- LaGrassa has appeared in every Nashville SC game for a calendar year.
- Michael Reed will be the Captain and get his third consecutive start.
- Kharlton Belmar and Lebo Moloto will have started all five games this season.
- Daniel Ríos will have started all five games this season.
- Tucker Hume makes his second consecutive start of 2019.
- Midfielder Vinnie Vermeer has been ruled out with an ankle injury suffered three weeks ago against New York.
- Forward Cameron Lancaster was listed as questionable for the second straight week with a hamstring injury suffered in training, but was unable to make the matchday squad.